Jan 6, 2015
- took the train to Bangkok. The locals ride for free. Very very basic train with no air.
- stayed at a hostel in Bangkok- Wendy House 36/2 Soi Kasemsan 1, Rama 1 Road,, Khwaeng Wang Mai, Khet Pathum Wan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10330, Thailand - in an alley across from HUGE mall. (MBK Centre)
- Wendy House was clean quiet and the family rooms were furnished with private bathroom, t.v., fridge, toiletries and wifi.
- Great Thai/N.American breakfast included.
- laundry business next door- very fast and affordable.
- fruIt and food abundant on the streets and if want something a little more pot together hot the mall. Food court level had good variety and McDonald's you're fast food also available.
- stick with motorcycle taxi. Tuktuk are crazy expensive as are cabs. We didn't have much choice at the train station. If you walk a few blocks away from the train station, price drops drastically.
Jan 7, 2015
-' took water taxi to Khaosan Road. Famous for food and shopping. Water taxi was fantastic fun. ...Khaosan ..... not so much.
- when you ride the water taxi you have to raise up a splash shield every time another taxi passes (if you are on the outer edge of the boat)
- you pay when you get on
- took the bus to China town for dinner m totally worth going. Tons of lights and life. Restaurants pouring onto the road
- there are doesn't grades of buses. The basic bus is. the cheapest but then there are far les crowded air conditioned buses with nicer seating . You pay premium for those buses
Jan 8, 2015
Took the Skytrain (Fast clean and air conditioned ) To Kidzania inside Paragon Hall (huge mall) - get off at Siam station
- The facility is a huge scaled - to - kids town. Kids are given a bank card and bank account. Everytime they"work" at one of the various business there they gain Kidzania dollars that they can then use to buy things in the town!