Jan 24, 2015
- fly back to Bangkok airport to meet up with parents
- We grab some dinner on the way to our Airbnb place and David, Dani, and my mom get food poisoning for the next 6 days.
- dad and I wander around the streets close by as we need to keep checking on them and bringing them meals
- catch a sleeper train to Malaysia then cab to Penang. Bench seats in the sleeper fold out into a large single bed and a bunk bed pulls down over top. Very comfy and clean. There's a public bathroom and sink at the end of the cart.
- There's a meal cart which we bought lunch and dinner from but it's a good thing we packed plenty of snacks! The meal cart is detached as soon as you cross the border into Malaysia.
Jan 30, 2015
- at the train station in Malaysia walk away from the station for the best fares. The cabbies that approach you as you leave the station will be 5 x the price!
- take a cab to the Penang airport. Took a plane to Kuala Lumpur - was cheaper and faster than taking the train
Jan 31, 2015
- stayed at an airbnb place - Casa Residency
67, Jalan Galloway, Bukit Bintang, 50150 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- hit Jalan Alor for food for almost every meal. Fantastic food and vibe day or night
- Very cheap and excellent massages and pedicures- probably the best I've ever had
- HUGE shopping district. Great underground food courts.
Feb 1, 2015
- hit the malls for the day and of course more food and pampering
Feb 2, 2015
-walked 30 minutes to the kmuter to go see the bats at Batu Caves.
- Must if the caves were closed for a HUGE Indian festival FUN
- got to see the inside of one cave. It had carved figures and great lighting duo you could see everything very clearly
- Fantastic cultural experience and food was free (other than treats and sweets )tubs of puerile making a pilgrimage up to the temple to pay homage
Feb 3, 2015
- Took the plane to go visit Audrey parents on the Malaysian/Singapore border