Feb 6 , 2015
Sunshine @ Bayu Emas
Jalan Batu Ferringhi, 11100 Batu Feringghi, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
- Great place but a bit pricey. Once you get there the locals are more than happy to rent to you for a quarter of the price
- There's a restaurant right at the entrance which is handy and loads of restaurants within a short walk.
- The famous night market and seafood markets are all within a 20-30 minute walk.
- There's a great great Indian restaurant in the plaza as you enter town. Danish Briyani House across from the Golden Sands Hotel
- buses are cheap fast and there are tons of them.
Feb 7, 2015
- You can access the beach through a few side streets available but the big hotels dint seen to mind if you cut through.
- water is probably really dirty. If you walk the side streets to the beach toot can see the waste water just flowing right out of town into the beach front water.
- loads of activities available ob the beach fin boater willing to take you to monkey beach to parasailing (Even for little kids) and jet skiing.
- We wandered down the beach all the way to the heart of town and cut through the back roads to the main drag. Lots of vendors and cool little restaurants. You'll pay at least double to eat at a restaurant . The food stalls have an excellent selection of food and loads of fresh seafood
- the butterfly conservatory is well set up for kids and very very interactive well worth the bus ride out. Love the buses there. They drive to speed asking these winding roads up and down the mountain edges! The buses are very clean, timely and air conditioned. We bought a week pass because it was way cheaper than paying every time. You can get the pass art the Hard Rock Hotel.go as soon as you arrive in town since the issuing office is not always open.
-Fisherman's village is a fun little spot if you catch it on the right days. Ask the locals about the timing.
Feb 9, 2015
- Dad took David to Escape an experience based park just for kids. A leader takes 2-3 kids through the activities in the park. No parents allowed. There's a cafe where the parents can chill out and wait our you can walk around and watch but you're not allowed to interfere or interact while your child tried their hand at bungee jumping, tubing, fire building, zip lining, etc.
- Went into Penang downtown to try our some of their Dani's street stalls and food.tried a buffet. Was good. ..great value but not as good as Batu Ferringhi
- hit the night market in Batu Ferringhi. lots of Fun. Lights, action, food, everyone is super friendly and trying to make a sale!
Feb 10, 2015
- the National Park is amazing. The Hike is challenging ands there are often ropes asking the trails to help you up the steeper climbs. You can hike to the turtle sanctuary or monkey beach but it was a bit too far for a 1 1/2 year old!
- You have to sign in at the visitor centre so they know if you go missing